Today I finished the most challenging year of my 10 year education career. 190 days and only one month with out a blog. Not bad. To update, in August I left the greatest job ever, taking care of Peter to return to work. I went back to the school I began to teach in when I first moved to Maryland. I walked into a library that had been neglected for almost 20 years and a library program without a focus. After organizing 74 rolls of paper towels, discarding movie projectors and record players, and even changing spine labels on books, I am proud to say that the library finally has a purpose in this school and I would like to be the person responsible for driving the mission and instructin of this media center forward, unless of course I get that really great job back in Pennsylvania. I had an interview last Wednesday in Oxford, Pa. The position is for a part time kindergarten librarian. This job would give me the best of both worlds; working a job I love and raising a son I love. I was told to expect a second interview this week. Considering that my world could be in an upheaval in a matter of weeks, I am remarkably calm. I have realized that there is a much bigger plan, this of course after watching Simon Birch.
Based on my job schedule these past few weeks it can only be understood as to why I have not blogged. The other reason, since the computer repair people waned $1600 to repair Jeff's computer, he decided to buy an iMac. Here is where I stand with the Apple. It was created for two generations: my parents, who will find the Apple to be user friendly and virus free, and the graduating class of 2009 who will be able to send video messages and upload music from their phones into the garage band feature of the Apple. I hate it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jeff will buy me a lap top for Christmas. He has been hinting that it will be an Apple, which like every other present will then be returned. The Apple is also the reason for no pics this time. I have not had the desire to figure out how to edit and crop and post and save pictures into Jeff's computer.
Many people are interested in our summer plans; we leave to visit the Canadians at the end of June. I will be back and forth to Cape May. I have signed up to take a graduate class, which is comprised of reading a book and answering questions. I figured it wil be a piece of cake, however it's a lot of writing, especially when you don't have Microsoft Word to type it all in. This will give my 9 post masters credits, and I am also taking a course in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay for a week, which will yield me 3 more credits. It is run through the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and we stay three nights on an island crabbing, testing water, hiking and other out door things. I am really excited about that course.
On the home front, Jeff, Peter and I have been doing things around the back yard. We replaced the fence, planted a vegetable garden, and built a brick patio. I am actually starting to like the back yard. Jeff is excited as for the first time in our 7 years of marriage I am "allowing" him to get FIOS. It is a combination of tv, internet, and our land line. Costs about the same as we are spending now, and we will get more than 6 channels. Jeff has been swamped with homework and this semester cannot seem to pull ahead, therefore no time for tv. Jeff has 9 classes left, which will mean that if scheduling is done correcting he could be done next summer. We have big plans for Peter this fall; swim lessons, gymnastics, and even entertaining starting the violin. He is quite the musical child. I hope everyone is temporarily caught up, and pictures will follow soon!
Good night.
Sympathy for the Devil
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment